Explore our area and unearth yourself a secret!
- Pristine sandy beaches with perfect surf breaks or sheltered harbours.
- The famous Blue Pool (ocean rock pool) is a leisurely walk or short drive.
- Bermagui is famous for fishing – try your hand at rock, beach, estuary fishing or join a charter to experience deep sea fishing.
- Experience whale watching (in season) from a charter boat or view directly from the property.
- Kayaking – take part in a truly unique experience by hiring a kayak and paddling up Bermagui River and Bermagui Harbour
- Ride the Bermagui Mountain Bike Park (1.5klm north of Bermagui).
- The Bermagui Country Club, which has a world class 18 hole championship golf course is a short distance from Captain’s Quarters. In addition to the golf course the club has many other sporting facilities including tennis courts and lawn bowls. After your sporting activity enjoy the Terrace Restaurant.
- A visit to the historic towns of Central Tilba, Tilba Tilba and Cobargo are a must.
- Visit local boutique wineries, a wine tasting is a must:
– Mimosa Winery & Drystone Restaurant
– Tilba Valley Winery & Ale House
- Join a guided tour of the historic Montreal Goldfield at 2pm daily (except Christmas Day)
- For the art lovers the region hosts some fantastic galleries:
– Narek Galleries
– Shop 7 ArtSpace
– Ivy Hill Gallery
- Bermagui and the region offer numerous coastal scenic walks or take a day trip to our numerous National Parks including the famous Montague Island.
- Visit the Bermagui Markets held the third Sunday of each month at Dickinson Park where you can buy local produce and goodies.
- Visit the Bermagui Growers Markets held every Thursday at 2.30pm at Bermagui Fishermen’s Wharf where all products are locally grown and made.
- Bermagui Fishermen’s Wharf offers a variety of things to do. From shopping at The Pineapple House, visiting the art gallery, enjoying a home made gelato at Bermagui Gelati Clinic after eating fish and chips at Bluewave Seafood downstairs. Upstairs you will enjoy dining at The Sundeck, visit the art gallery Shop 7 ArtSpace, prior to sipping a wine at the The Harbar Bermagui then moving onto Il Passaggio overlooking the magnificent Bermagui harbour. Make sure you watch the commercial fishermen unloading the catch in the afternoon.
- The region is quickly becoming known as a ‘foodie’ haven. Make sure you try at least one if not all of the following:
- Octopii Restaurant
- Dry Stone Restaurant (at Mimosa Winery)
- Il Passaggio Restaurant
- Honorbread Bakery
- Wapengo Rock Oysters
- Cream Patisserie
Blue Pool Bermagui
Hire a canoe and explore Bermagui River